Monday, May 18, 2015

Lessons from a pile of rocks......

Lessons from a pile of rock...

My neighbor, a youth pastor, had a pile of rock delivered to his home.  It was dumped in the middle of his driveway..then to be loaded by a small shovel into a small wheelbarrow and transported into his yard, where is was dumped along the fence💪, load after load after load...

I looked at that pile day after day, watching it SLOWLY go down to nothing..finding its way to its permanent home near the fence..

My neighbor had decided about a third of the way through, that he should have hired someone else to move it...I thought there were lots of lessons to be learned from that pile of hard rolly  rocks.

Perseverance- he kept at it, not only was he persevere, but he was teaching/modeling perseverance to his own children but to his youth group as well...things aren't always easy to do...we weren't promised a "Rose garden without thorns"... 
I think of the Israelites in the desert for 40 years...they had perseverance..but, God did as well.,putting up with their grumbling..
Do I have perseverance in the tasks I do..? Am I lacking maturity to finish? Do I endure hardships?  Not Very good at times...

James 1:4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 

Revelation 2:3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. 

Use of the right tools/words- he started out with a short small headed camp shovel....another neighbor lent him a long handled straight edged shovel good for scooping...
Using the right tools/words really helps the process go better. But, he was persevere in using the short shovel until a better one came along...

What tools/words do I need to do jobs that God has set before me..am I prepared? Do I grumble and complain at the tasks?

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 

Finishing-  he finished the task, finally...cleaned up the dirt and rocks and you would never know there had been a big pile there at all now...the rocks are all moved...
Do I give up too easily? Do I finish what God has prepared or do I do everything halfheartedly? Do I leave things in better order than They were before? Or messy? A trail of unfinished lives, projects, etc?

Those rocks had a purpose...they were dumped, shoveled, moved and placed where needed..just like each of us..we are placed strategically where we are needed..we may have been moved around a bit, but each place was part of our lives, rounded out, smoothed out, fitted..especially for each...for God's Glory...thank YOU, help me be fit for Your glory..wherever I am placed...  

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n1bXG4WIesA

No comments:

Post a Comment