Friday, May 15, 2015

Good and bad....

Good and bad....

I was struck by the dichotomy of the good and bad In these verses...

They reminded me of a song my mother sang to me when I was little...and misbehaved...

"There once was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead..when she was bad, she Was very very bad, she was horrid and when she was good, she was very very good."  I didn't want to be horrid...  So I strived to be good, to be very very good ....

I realize now, that even then my mom was filling my conscience with good things before I accepted Christ as my Saviour and He taught truth and conviction of sin...I wanted to bear good fruit and not evil...I wanted my words to be good ...edifying ...peacemaking...and even to the extreme of always keeping peace...and performance based Christianity...
The balance came later in life...

As I finished high school, I realized I rarely did anything bad, no skipping school, no bad grades, no back talking to my parents...I tried to work up courage to cut classes for senior skip day and I couldn't even do that.  Miss "goody two shoes" didn't have the courage to do bad...I am glad now...that I had the courage to do good and right..God Was indeed helping me along...

We all have choices...some determine our whole life...some just an instance...but, are they God led or flesh led?  Do we want to make ourselves look good or are we following the leading of the Lord?  

thank YOU for leading, parents who had integrity and the courage to teach good...thank YOU for your Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, teaches truth...help me to make right decisions ...bearing good fruit for the kingdom ...


Matthew 12:11-13, 22, 33, 35, 37 He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! 
Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.” Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other.
 Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see. 
"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 
A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” 

James 3:9-12 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 
Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 
Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 
My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment