Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Hiding Place....

The Hiding place.....

Yesterday, as I was driving, I was listening to Corrie Ten Boom's book,  "the Hiding Place".  I read it years and years ago...so it was refreshing to hear it again. One of the phrases that her father repeated to her, was that nothing is wasted in our lives...circumstances, events, words, are all useful to bring us closer to God...  

I want a carefree life, "no worries", just peace, calm, etc.....but in reality that is not what makes us grow...it is the events,  the words, heartaches, disasters, the real life with all of its ups and downs that molds us into the people that are growing closer to God...He doesn't waste a thing....even though I may question it and wonder why....

In 1 Thessalonians 3:2-4, We sent Timothy, who is our brother and co-worker in God’s service in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,  3 so that no one would be unsettled by these trials. For you know quite well that we are destined for them.  4 In fact, when we were with you, we kept telling you that we would be persecuted. And it turned out that way, as you well know.

Paul warned the people that there would be afflictions in advance......to strengthen them and encourage them...."kept telling" them...so that they could brace themselves...be ready to stand firm when they came ....

We are warned in Matthew 24 of the end  times to come and be ready....watchful...
I don't know if this is the end times or not, but even the news warns of being watchful where we are...people in various countries are being warned to be watchful, aware...  But we need to stand firm, knowing that all these times, events are not wasted in our lives...

I still question, I have to admit , the whys..when I hear of the heartaches of people around me and myself...how can this be used to help us grow???  I don't know, but God does, and I have to lean on that FACT...because He promises...

Thank YOU for using all things to help us grow ....even when we see no rhyme or reason for them...

No comments:

Post a Comment