Thursday, September 4, 2014

Prayer time..... consistency .....

Prayer time.....consistency ......

I have been thinking about prayer time and how I am not consistent....and I want to be...I pray when I walk, sometimes...I pray early in the morning, usually.....I pray throughout the day, usually.....I pray at night, usually ....I pray for my family and friends,  usually....I do pray when I get prayer requests...I have long list that I keep current...spoken and unspoken prayer requests...

Romans 12:11-12
11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

I want that faithfulness in prayer....or maybe I am trying to get too formal...I talk to God all the time...as there is no one else there to talk to..I know He listens...and I know I hear Him in my soul...

Anyway, it was refreshing to go to church last night and  hear the new young pastor speak on prayer....another confirmation to the faithfulness of God's reminders to my heart.....

"Secret prayer, Matthew 6:4-6
Guaranteed prayer, John 14:13, 16:23, 1 John 5:14-15
Unanswerable prayer , James 4:3
Persistent prayer, Luke 11:5-8, 18:1-8
Seeking God's presence when in prayer...

Prayer changes the pray-er
All to experience the heart of God....."

We have whole books on the discipline of prayer, all the prayers in the Bible, prayer walking, the Lord's Prayer, how we ought to pray, the "how to" of praying, what stances to take when praying, etc, etc, etc...but the bottom line comes down to " just do it"...honestly, with honest words, honest feelings, willingly, freely, giving thanks, confessing, asking, listening....God is there waiting, in the garden of our being...waiting for that fellowship that He designed us for...

Thank YOU for the freedom to pray...help me be faithful in that part of my life...


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18New International Version (NIV)
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ

Luke 11 :1-13 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus’ Teaching on Prayer
11 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread.
4 Forgive us our sins,
    for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation.”
5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; 6 a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ 7 And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

No comments:

Post a Comment