Monday, September 8, 2014

Homeschooling....

Homeschooling....

All of my school age grandchildren are homeschooled.....their parents are heroes in my book...

The students are not socially neglected as was feared so many years ago when homeschooling was pushed and contested...they are all above average for their age groups in testing, so they are not "behind" in school as was the fears of public school advocates...they work hard at their subjects and accomplish so very much...

Their parents are so involved with each and know how to stop and start in subjects to best accommodate their children's learning styles and abilities....they are all good workers and will turn out to be great citizens, all around people....of course, I am slightly prejudiced, as their grandma...

Watching them each accomplish life goals is amazing, whether in school, scouts, swimming, friendships, short term missions, youth group, 4H, is a blessing to me and often brings me to tears of joy....watching that "future" blossom....

I often wonder what God thinks as he watches over us, watches us grow in our walk into life...does He get tears of joy?  Is he proud when we make wise decisions? He follows our foot steps, knowing the beginning from the end...He carries us when we need it, He comforts us along the way, disciplines because He loves us and is more involved in our lives than we can comprehend...prays for us when words are hard to find..and even has a home prepared for us....what a Parent, Friend.....and so much more...what a picture for earthly parents to emulate with those treasures of children that have been given...
 
As parents we can't save our children, but we can lead them to the cross, encourage and pray for them....examples all the time..."homeschooling" in formal and informal ways all the time...

Thank YOU for being the parent You are to me..."schooling" me as well as my children, grandchildren in Your Word and life in general...help us each to follow You, learn from You.....in the lives You have set before us...


Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Psalm 143:10 NIV

Psalm 25:4 Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.

Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 25:9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.

Psalm 27:11a Teach me your way, Lord;

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

Psalm 34:11 Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Psalm 78:5 He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children,

Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

Psalm 94:12 Blessed is the one you discipline, Lord, the one you teach from your law;

Psalm 119:12 Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:33 [ ה He ] Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end.

Psalm 119:64 The earth is filled with your love, Lord; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands.

Psalm 119:68 You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.

Psalm 119:108 Accept, Lord, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.

Proverbs 6:20 [ Warning Against Adultery ] My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

Proverbs 6:23 For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life,

Proverbs 7:2 Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

Proverbs 9:9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still; teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

Proverbs 13:14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a person from the snares of death.

Proverbs 22:17 [ Thirty Sayings of the Wise ] [ Saying 1 ] Pay attention and turn your ear to the sayings of the wise; apply your heart to what I teach,

Proverbs 22:19 So that your trust may be in the Lord, I teach you today, even you.


No comments:

Post a Comment