Saturday, September 13, 2014

Presentation....

Presentations.....

Last week I watched my oldest grandson give a presentation at church...he had gone on a summer short term mission team with Teen Missions international to Ireland.  So he organized  some of his pictures, added a short overall video from the organization and gave a 15 minute presentation to the junior high class at church...ending with a challenge to them to consider short term missions.

I sat there with tears in my eyes....I was so proud of him, for sharing his experience, his heart...it also made time slip away...I sat in another church watching his father and his best friend scurrying around in their work boots, getting ready for their first presentation    about their first short term mission trip to Australia...or even before that, sitting with the young men at the table, listening to their reasons to be allowed to go on the short term mission trip...

That first trip was the first of many after that, not only for them, but it encouraged siblings, friends, friends of friends, acquaintances, and now another generation to take that leap of faith and go on short term missions....

It is so more than amazing to watch all of my grandchildren grow, mature in all of their many abilities...to see what what beings them joy, to see their smiles, their new interests, old interests, their achievements, their desire to serve...to give and receive their hugs....

Thank YOU for those grandchildren that You have blessed me with...

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Psalm 45:17 I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Psalm 71:18 Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.

Psalm 78:5-7New International Version (NIV)
5 He decreed statutes for Jacob
    and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our ancestors
    to teach their children,
6 so the next generation would know them,
    even the children yet to be born,
    and they in turn would tell their children.
7 Then they would put their trust in God
    and would not forget his deeds
    but would keep his commands.



No comments:

Post a Comment