Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

Shoulda, coulda, woulda .....

Arriving  back in my former town, home....things have so changed, new businesses, buildings, new people, more traffic, facelifts here and there...it has moved forward in time....

My home has changed, not the same, new paint, new people, old people, old friends, new flowers, gardens, new vision...just as we had a vision for change when we moved in....

Families have grown, children have grown up, just in the 2 1/2 years I have been gone...
Familiar faces, forgotten names, old memories are still there, longtime friendships still the same, conversations-picked up where we left off, catching up on family happenings.....

But, time has marched on, in the blink of an eye.....eons and seconds ago we were here, living, working, ministering, dreaming, planning....

What would I have changed, how would we have done things differently, are there any regrets, any "shoulda, coulda, woulda's"????

Oh, yes, but, in the big picture, "no".  We tried to do the best we could with what we had, with what we knew at the time....we loved our family, we tried to raise them to take the right direction, to follow the right path, the make the right decisions, face forward...Love The Lord.....be good citizens, be good people...to love, to live...and that is what they are all doing in their hometowns scattered here and there...

There was nothing I could have done to change the "terminal cancer" words...it was still terminal...there was nothing I could have done to change the aging process of my parents or myself .....that is a natural phenomenon ....change comes in the big and little...and we move on....whether we want to or not...

We, I, have to accept the moving forward, not looking back at the "shoulda, coulda, woulda's" of life...the unchangeables...looking forward in contentment, in purpose....following the path that is set before me...being the best I can, making right choices...loving, listening to and following The Lord....

Thank YOU for time, the past, the present, the future...help me move forward with no regrets ....to not live in the past, but accept the present, move toward the future.....enjoying the times You have given .....knowing that You are in it all....

1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews 10:38
And, “But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.”




No comments:

Post a Comment