Sunday, June 1, 2014

New adventures.....

New adventures.....

I was reading a book recently where the pastor admonishes his congregation not to be so set in their plans.....to be willing to be  open to new adventures with God....He doesn't necessarily go by our plans but has his perfect plans.....and they may not match!    Humph....

I know I have written about this before, but it was just another reminder to me that "my" plans aren't always the way God sees them...my expectations weren't the perfect plans that God had planned out...

It was brought out again as I flew yesterday...eight years ago, I got on the same aircraft, petrified, sick at the sight on the "small" plane. Even the stewardess saw my predicament and offered a seat closer to the front of the plane..as we flew safely to another airport where we got on a 13 hour flight to China/Mongolia ....My first overseas flight....even then I was flying with my husband and now alone....a new adventure in every way

If I hadn't of been willing to take that step out of my "ordered" life and try an new adventure, I would still be sitting on the ground....not tasting, seeing new sights, sounds...

But it is not just about flying, it is about everyday....what new does God have, the new sunrises, the Word insights, new acquaintances,  new experiences,......granted,there are some I may not like....I may even get anxious, mad about, withdraw from, ....but for whatever reason they add to the "adventure", the stepping stones of living with an All knowing, always Present, all Caring God who desires, delights in my experiences with Him.

Thank YOU, for the new adventures,,,

Exodus 3:11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.”

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Jesus calling-June 1

I am involved in each moment of your life. I have carefully mapped out every inch of your journey through this day, even though much of it may feel haphazard. Because the world is in a fallen condition, things always seem to be unraveling around the edges. Expect to find trouble in this day. At the same time, trust that My way is perfect, even in the midst of such messy imperfection.

Stay conscious of Me as you go through this day, remembering that I never leave your side. Let the Holy Spirit guide you step by step, protecting you from unnecessary trials and equipping you to get through whatever must be endured. As you trudge through the sludge of this fallen world, keep your mind in heavenly places with Me. Thus the Light of My Presence shines on you, giving you Peace and Joy that circumstances cannot touch.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
—Psalm 18:30

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
—Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment