Saturday, June 28, 2014

One, two years ago....

One, two years ago...

Two years ago, when read the following devotional in Jesus Calling, I was exhausted. One graveside service, two memorial  services, sorting, moving, recovering, driving, newness, changes all around, mourning, watching my children grieve, hearing their anguish as well as my own...starting a new chapter of life.....

One year ago, my dad joined me, suffering from "terminal depression"...another new chapter, sorting through his stuff, moving him, changes again, anguish again as he wasn't responding to any treatment...watching my children struggle again, wondering way again...again, yet another family member dying by degrees.....

And this devotional saying "rest with me awhile"...."how is that possible when things are crumbling around you?" I ask desperately again and again...TRUST ME....keeps coming through, the quiet hand of God resting on my shoulder as He quiets my soul through the tiring times.....REST....stop the running to and fro...rest your mind in my Words....

 "Jesus Calling-June 27

Rest with Me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.

I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn’t bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
—Psalm 143:8

“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”
—Genesis 28:15"

Thank YOU again...

I see those around me, some not so long here on earth...others with the expectation of a long life ahead...we all need that "rest with Me awhile".  Stop striving...rest, rest, rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment