Thursday, June 26, 2014

50 years...

50 years....

Thirty years ago, we were on our way to Oregon to finalize plans and celebrate for my husband's parent's 50th wedding anniversary..we were traveling with our travel trailer, finding alternate routes through Oregon as we had had a very wet winter and roads were still flooded. Families of ducks were swimming right next to the roads along the way,  in places we had never seen water...

Our oldest son was also about to go an an adventure to Europe with my parents on their first jaunt across the sea...the start of a tradition....taking one grandchild at a time for a trip to Europe at the age of eleven..as well as encouraging them to be open to travel, new adventures, new foods, new people....thus, they all love to travel and have had the opportunity to do it, and are passing that on to their children...they have been truly blessed. No only with good relationships with their grandparents, all deceased now, but less fearful of new horizons...

But, back to the 50 years....our family saw and participated in three 50 year wedding anniversary celebrations over the course of time....my grandparents, and each of our parent's marriages....even to 60 years for one.  I count those with honor...and a wonderful heritage ....we were blessed with 43 years of marriage...honorable as well....
I pray that my children have the opportunity to experience those long lives and marriage as well....they have been privy to that example....no only of long marriages, but serving one another and The Lord ...m

Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Psalm 71:18
Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.

Psalm 78:4
We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.

Joel 1:3
Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation.

Thank YOU for your watchcare....YOUR faithfulness....




June 25

Open your hands and your heart to receive this day as a precious gift from Me. I begin each day with a sunrise, announcing My radiant Presence. By the time you rise from your bed, I have already prepared the way before you. I eagerly await your first conscious thought. I rejoice when you glance My way.

Bring Me the gift of thanksgiving, which opens your heart to rich communion with Me. Because I am God, from whom all blessings flow, thankfulness is the best way to draw near Me. Sing praise songs to Me; tell of My wondrous works. Remember that I take great delight in you; I rejoice over you with singing.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
—Psalm 118:24

Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.s
—Psalm 95:2

“The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”
—Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment