Friday, June 20, 2014

Flying....facing fears....

Facing flying....fears......

I have not been a fan of flying since preteen years...for whatever reason...I don't
like the confinement, the lack of my "control," ( as if we really have any)...the sitting...

In the late nineties I was convicted that I really needed to face that fear as well as some others that ruled  my life....the first was to plan and do a trip on my own...even with car rentals and hotels...I had done these things for my husband but not myself...One of my daughters was in Tyler, Texas at the time with Youth with a Mission, so that was my destination,,through Phoenix to visit my son ....quite an undertaking for only a car, truck or train traveler..

I planned early morning flights to miss the thunder and lightening storms that had started in the south..I drove the 210 miles to Salt Lake City, not quite ready for the small plane yet, stayed overnight and boarded the early morning flight to Phoenix and then on to Dallas/Fort Worth, picked up a car and followed my daughter's directions to Tyler..I found out she is a landmark direction giver not a mileage marker director...

We had a good time, then to reverse the route and home again..saw a spectacular lightning storm in Dallas the night before flight. Was tracking it on the television and watching it hit outside...didn't sleep much from the noise and light and the next morning it was clear...

Then we started flying more often, to Asia, South America, the US,  etc...and now because of that experience, that initial "facing fear" obedience I can fly by myself.  Still not my favorite thing to do, but I am able to do it...God had a plan and knew I would need to fly later on by myself. I can say that I am glad He asked me to face those fears.  He was and is with me on these routes through the air....

Thank YOU for Your guidance and holding of my hand in the air and anywhere.....

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 55:5
Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me.

Psalm 112:8
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.

Hebrews 13:5b
......because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”




No comments:

Post a Comment