Monday, June 23, 2014

One light does make the difference.....

One candle light makes the difference...

There is a current advertisement about the power of light...the person can see a single light burning from a distance, so many football fields long...

Last night we were treated to the same illustration at the commissioning service for the teams leaving boot camp at Teen Missions International...they had a rally, with worship music, testimony, the younger children who are in go there as well as visitors, parents, grandparents, friends....at the end they have a candle lighting ceremony signifying their desire to continue with their light to go to the various places in the world they have trained for.

All the lights are turned out, no cameras, no flashes, (except for the lightning in the distance), no flashlights....no light...one candle is lit at the front and all of the sudden your eyes are drawn to that light....the tent glows around it, there is light. Then the leaders light their candles signifying they are ready to lead...more light, more glow,....then the leaders take their lighted candles back to their team and the teams share their lights.....until all who are committed to sharing the True Light have lighted their candles have  lighted candles...

Once again the Big top is lighted, people are committed to share, to work, for the True Light of Jesus throughout the world...

The two weeks of sweaty bodies, mosquitoes, team training, tent living, toilet cleaning duties, devotions, scripture memory, worship songs, cement pouring, puppetry, song learning, .....and many other visible and invisible lessons  have culminated into this...do I want to follow the True Light?  Am I willing to take His light into the dark world?

A question we all have to ask ourselves not matter where we are.....

Thank YOU for Your light...may I be a good reflection for You....


Psalm 18:28
You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 27:1
[ Psalm 27 ] [ Of David. ] The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 36:9
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Psalm 43:3
Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

Psalm 44:3
It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them.

Psalm 89:15
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.

John 1:9
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.

John 3:19
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

John 3:21
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 8:12
[ Dispute Over Jesus’ Testimony ] When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 9:5
While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

John 11:10
It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”

John 12:36a
Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” ....
John 12:46
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment