Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Willful disobedience....


Willful disobedience .....


Yesterday, I woke up to....."listen to me continually"......

Did I heed it?   A resounding , NO.....for one particular event...

Why?  Because I wanted my way......

Oh, I heard it loud and clear, soft and clear, , but no, I still followed my will....

Consequences?  Yes!!! Pain, pain, pain...

Am I the first??? To not listen?? NO!!!

Will I be the last?  NO!!!

It started so long ago,

Satan wanted his way , thrown out with his followers...
Adam and Eve wanted their way, thrown out of the garden...
Lot wanted it all, came out with nothing....
Moses wanted it his way, anger, only saw the promised land from afar...
David saw, took and lost a son....
Israelites over and over wanted their way, lost their kingdom over and over...
Judas wanted money, took his life...
Aninias and sapphira wanted their way, lost their lives...

And on down the line of history.....

Sometimes the consequences of willful disobedience is small and sometimes large....but it s still willful disobedience .....still to be dealt with .....

One person said perfectly, all the time,,,"not my will...but the Father's" with earth shattering consequences to Himself and to us....

Numbers 20:24
“Aaron will be gathered to his people. He will not enter the land I give the Israelites, because both of you rebelled against my command at the waters of Meribah.

2 Samuel 11:26 When Uriah’s wife heard that her husband was dead, she mourned for him. 27 After the time of mourning was over, David had her brought to his house, and she became his wife and bore him a son. But the thing David had done displeased the Lord.

Isaiah 1:2
[ A Rebellious Nation ] Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth! For the Lord has spoken: “I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me.

Acts 5:1
[ Ananias and Sapphira ] Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property.

Acts 5:3
Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?

Acts 5:5
When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened.

Thank YOU again and again for speaking, caring, loving....help me to listen and be a Doer of your Word, .... to be obedient when I should, listening to that still voice that every so gently guides and tells truth...


“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”
—John 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment