Thursday, April 17, 2014

Lining up...

Lining up.....

I was recently in a medical laboratory waiting room...it was full with people from all ages, walks of life....you line up to sign in, sit down, wait for your call, a continuous flow of people coming and going...hardly time to read the tattered magazine scattered around.....some will receive good test results and others not so...
Over and over again , all day long.. The laboratory technicians were all friendly, smiling, welcoming ...which was nice..then went to another waiting room and lined up there as well, to start the whole process over again...

It Reminded me of the people lining up to see Jesus, waiting for His words, His healing touch,  His signs, a continuous flow of people all the time...so much so at times he had to pull away from the shore to speak, or go in the early morning to be alone to pray...but, he, too, had compassion on the people and met them day after day, week after week, teaching, encouraging, for three short/long years...

On the last week, the people lined up to welcome Him with shouts of Hosanna, then lined up to accuse and finally to beat and watch Him die...then lined up to see the empty tomb and later to see Him ascend into heaven....

We line up well, usually....patiently waiting for His return...hopefully we are in the right line...

Thank You for your vigil with us, Helping me to wait patiently for You...your words, your encouragement...

Matthew 13:2
Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore.



Jesus calling-April 17

I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you.

Don’t let unexpected events throw you off course. Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you. As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it. Thus I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you. This is how I live in you and work through you. This is the way of Peace.

He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
—Psalm 112:7

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
—Isaiah 41:10 nkjv

No comments:

Post a Comment