Saturday, April 19, 2014

Legend of the dogwood...

Legend of the dogwood tree...

While driving south into California, the warmth for flowering bushes and tress  has become apparent...the redbud, the dogwoods, the plums, the poppies, ,snowdrops, and others are becoming more and more profuse.....what a delight to see after a long cold winter...of brown....

My father would being my mom spring flowers every year as he was out and about doing his agricultural inspections and gathering reports.  He often brought wild iris, dogwood, bundled as a  spring offering.... Those little things In life that we take for granted...

When I was married, and living In the more barren land of Nevada, my husband would bring in the pussy willows as they were a first show of spring in that region...later the wild iris as well......

We enjoy seeing those new seasons after a drought or long winter  of life.  It presents us with hope, color, change...

I always enjoyed the legend of the dogwood  this time of year...as I see the dog wood trees  with their stark white blossoms against the green of the evergreens along the roads..so beautiful and so fragile...

Thank YOU for the beauty of spring...the reminder that there is hope after the long winters..life after death...

Song of Songs 2:12
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.

Job 11:18
You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.


Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.

Psalm 33:22
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.

Psalm 39:7
“But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.

Psalm 42:5
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.




http://rfhadley.com/legendofthedogwood.html

http://www.creationtips.com/dogwood.html

No comments:

Post a Comment