Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Prepared...for ...you...me

Prepared...for you....me

I don't ever remember not knowing about Jesus...I would have said that he was my Savior all of my growing up years...but the word "salvation" was not part of my vocabulary until my twenties...

I remember watching a movie, "left behind" at church. At some point, I remember saying in my spirit, " if I haven't made that commitment, I do so now, I want that salvation, I have always believed in You and known You to be the Savior, if I haven't said the right words, help me... I don't want to be left behind....".  I was sitting there in the pew of a new little Bible church, my husband beside me .  There was no lightning, or thunder, but peace....and a time  to remember vividly...I had not been baptized, just sprinkled as an infant...so that followed shortly.  My husband also, as a recommitment.

Weekly Bible studies as families followed as well as church on Sundays.  Weekly Women's Bible studies were included .  We were like sponges after a dry spell of college days.   We had morning devotions, separately as well as together...it became a way of life and all through our married years. I read the Bible out loud while my husband lay slowly/quickly dying. He held my hand..and I cried while reading...

There was a day, I wondered...soon after the movie...and then the verse from 1 Corinthians sprang off the pages, highlighted, living..... And there was no turning back....no wondering...

1 Corinthians 2:9
However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him—

Then I added these two verses that intertwined with the preparedness that God prepared for me and anyone else who believes....
John 14:2-4
New International Version (NIV)
2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Revelation 21:2
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

I so love that the Word speaks to us through all of our life circumstances.  From infancy through adulthood...sometimes speaking softly...other times jumping out and gripping our minds and hearts...."this is the way"...God not only prepares a place, but the words for life....

Thank YOU for milestones, preparing the way , the Word for each heart who seeks .....

No comments:

Post a Comment