Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hands...bandaged...


An Injured hand...

Two days ago, I had surgery on my right hand, to be followed by several weeks of casts, pain killers, therapy. I can't put my thumb and pointer together...which makes writing difficult...think how many tasks use those two fingers....

That said, I got wonderful help from two of my four children..for over night..what fun was that.  The others were available as well.

But was reading about Jesus' crucifixion....no pain killers there,  or sanitary conditions.. They weren't trying to keep it pretty and clean..wrapped and out of sight...no sleep medications, IVs, wrappings,....no one checking to see if He was okay or explain the whole procedure....just huge dirty spikes, a sledge hammer, a wooden cross, ropes...probably already used by a previous criminal...already beaten beyond human recognition, then nailed to the cross, lifted up, bounced into the ground hole..no mercy except from the Saviour Himself...

His hands that had healed, held, touched, prayed,multiplied, welcomed ,....created...nailed to finish a work he started..

Thank YOU for your healing hands, that shed blood for me...

Luke 23:46
Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

Luke 24:7
‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”

John 20:25
So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

John 20:27
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and

April 2

I have promised to meet all your needs according to My glorious riches. Your deepest, most constant need is for My Peace. I have planted Peace in the garden of your heart, where I live; but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief. I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of those weeds. I do My work in various ways. When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the Light of My Presence directly in.  to your heart. In this heavenly Light, Peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. I also send trials into your life. When you trust Me in the midst of trouble, Peace flourishes and weeds die away. Thank Me for troublesome situations; the Peace they can produce far outweighs the trials you endure.

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
—Philippians 4:19

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
—2 Corinthians 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment