Saturday, March 11, 2023

Voices…

 


Voices…

The first recordings of a human’s voice is 1860…10 seconds of someone singing a song …followed two decades later by Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell, with their phone and phonograph…


Now we have voice recording devices of all kinds, more than I can name…


When my children were young, we recorded several phone conversations of them with their grandparents on cassette tapes…later I had them all transferred to CDs…when my dad was older, I had him record his Christmas story book, which he read every Christmas…


I have given out several recordable books to people over time…something maybe grandparents should do as a gift to their children and grandchildren along with pictures…hearing a voice on a recording lasts…(as long as we have batteries)…


I can still hear my parents’ voices when I remember them or my husband’s… or my grandfather’s laugh as he told a story…

When I answer the phone, from various friends and family, I know them by their voice…


There are over a hundred references to “voice” in the Word…a few follow…


Thank YOU for your voice as You speak into our hearts…


 As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him.

Exod.19.19


 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Deut.30.19-20


 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;the God of glory thunders,the Lord thunders over the mighty waters. 

The voice of the Lord is powerful;

the voice of the Lord is majestic. 

The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars;the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon. 

The voice of the Lord strikeswith flashes of lightning. 

The voice of the Lord shakes the desert;the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh. 

The voice of the Lord twists the oaksand strips the forests bare.

And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”

Ps.29.3-5Ps.29.7-9


 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

Mark.1.11


 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

John.10.27


 As has just been said:“Today, if you hear his voice,do not harden your heartsas you did in the rebellion.”

Heb.3.15


Word of God speak…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbUNhbeBZM&list=RD9PbUNhbeBZM&start_radio=1&rv=9PbUNhbeBZM&t=113


Softly and tenderly…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOa3aSyZYsU


https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tim-mcgraw-helps-dying-dad-194835194.html


https://www.cmuse.org/first-recording-of-a-human-voice/


The ultimate gift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXPlQ-lE8m0

No comments:

Post a Comment