Friday, March 24, 2023

Picturing yourself….

 Picturing yourself,



You know I never pictured myself dependent upon a wheelchair…I never pictured that for my husband either…

When we are young we blithely go through life seeing ourselves as cowboys, nurses, dancers, mothers, fathers or whatever we may think we want to be…but there maybe changes, dips in the road, many false starts or complete route changes which come on gradually or by surprise…


I never pictured myself a widow…oh,a mother or grandmother, yes…I didn’t picture myself pushing a wheelchair with my husband balancing precariously along for the ride …and I sure didn’t picture myself tendering holding to the handles as I was pushed either…entering a rehab and wellness facility to join the ranks of those who are lost in time or place…those whose tempers flare at a moments notice or who stare into space not knowing who or whose they are…has been mind blowing…the caretakers are amazing, ready with a smile or encouraging word to all they serve and care for…one woman that takes care of me has been here for 22 years…she has raised her children while working here…I applauded her for her love and service…this is hard…but she has a true gift of caring…this is what she  pictured herself doling… there are young women and men who are getting started in their life’s journey as well…


No matter where we are or whom we come into contact , we have the opportunity to encourage, to picture life with them, to help them and ourselves picture ourselves , how we will handle the situations…through the thick and thin of life…the dips in the road, the complex changes…and we know that God it there…never leaving…


 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.

Josh.1.5-6


 Yet I am always with you;you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel,and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you?And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heart-and my portion forever.

Ps.73.23-26



Thank YOU go before and behind….


You area good good Father…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqybaIesbuA

No comments:

Post a Comment