Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Thank YOU....

Thank YOU....

Psalm 50:14, 23 “Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,
Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Over thirty-five  years ago, this lesson of thanksgiving was imbedded into my soul...not that I wanted to say thanks by any means, but it was a loud voice, not a still quiet voice...I can remember the place, the time, the reason...we were living in the mountains, with only one phone for a whole camp of workers...my grandfather was dying....I had just read the Philippians verses for morning devotions...and I didn't want to give thanks in all circumstances...but, through tears, I acted on obedience and did it...

There have been innumerable times since then that I didn't want to give thanks, but was reminded over and over again of that scene, those circumstances, those emphatic words...."with thanksgiving", "give thanks"... With the peace that followed....honoring the God who alone gives the peace that is only from Him....

Thank YOU....

No comments:

Post a Comment