Thursday, August 18, 2016

Gardens ...




Gardens...

Yesterday, I spent part of my day at the Oregon Gardens. A plot of land that had nice been a simple field which became someone's dream of beautiful gardens with descending ponds down a sloping hill overlooking the Willamette  valley.  There are many kinds of gardens within a huge 100 acre plus garden all with different themes but connecting pathways, five venues for weddings or gatherings, thousands of plantings, changing seasonal plants...peaceful...



My question this morning was, "what refreshes you?" One of my answers has to be, gardens...not working in gardens, but the well tended gardens that others open to me and my wanderings wherever I roam..from China, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Central America, Canada, various states in the United States, the Caribbean....where ever we have traveled, I have desired to see the gardens.  Whether for just the peacefulness or the beauty, it refreshes my soul in the quietness of the beauty found there....the intricacy of the flowers reminding me of the Creator who designs with order and precision...the minute details He cares for...as He care for me...

Thank YOU for the opportunity to walk amongst your designs, your quiet gardens amidst the hecticness of life..You speak words of care and love to me...

Genesis 2:8-9a Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.....

Genesis 3:8a Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day....

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. 

John 15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment