Thursday, September 1, 2016

Fruit from my trees/ life.....

Fruit from my trees/life....

As I was eating breakfast this morning, it occurred to me that I was eating the first fruit from my apple trees that were planted 3 1/2 years ago in my then new yard...

Oh, I was thrilled when I first saw that some had actually set this spring in the hot weather with the myriad of apple blossoms which covered the trees like cotton candy...I have watched as they grew, netted them from the friendly deer that occasionally hop my fence, watered them as the weather grew hotter and hotter this summer...but now, I was really eating them....mmmm...

On the tomato plants, there have been wonderful sweet vine ripened tomatoes ....fruit...wonderful fruit...

In these last few weeks, I have either seen or talked with all my children...some of my grandchildren...another kind of fruit...sweeter than all my apples...lasting

I have talked to several ministry partners  as well, yet another kind of fruit...

Plus, friends and family going back to the beginning of my life, school years, various home locations,...yet more fruit...

God has been so good to bring all these kinds of delights into my life. They have ripened over the years into sweet delights, juicy with life, much to be savored with laughter and tears...joy and common ground...

Thank YOU...for the fruit you have brought into my life...

Psalm 37:26 They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.

1 Samuel 20:42 Jonathan said to David, “Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord, saying, ‘The Lord is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.’” Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town.

1 Corinthians 1:4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment