Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Downcast .....

Downcast...

This summer has found me, even though busy, on the downcast side...there are stresses of still dealing with business things that I really have no control over, activities that fill time, lack of purpose, re-editing my grief blogs-which,     Though needful, has dredged up and opened past wounds and the loneliness of widowhood. The Griefbook is finished and published, a remarkable journey of odediance...travels for business taken, times filled, family visited as fall approaches with its exciting events to which to look forward...so the "downcast" is fleeting in and out of life...

I have been reading slowly through the book of Psalms...42 and 43 repeat the same verse three times, coming to the same conclusion each time..."put your hope in God".  Not just any god, but "my Savior and my God"...
Then fast forward...to the road to Emmaus, where Jesus joins the downcast men who walking away from the city discussing the cruxifixction events...He enlightens them with His Word....giving hope in the God in whom they need to trust.

He Always brings us back to his Word...through His Spirit who teaches us truth in our lives...in the up times and the downcast times...or sending us those with whom we are encouraged as in Corinthians, Titus came...

thank YOU...for your words of encouragement, those who sometime travel with us, encouraging us along our path...

2 Corinthians 7:6 But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus,

Psalm 42:5, 11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

From the Bible Panorama , the comment was made that even though the psalmist was downcast, he knew he could put his trust in a personal God, "my Savior and my God"...

Psalm 43:5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Luke 24:17, 27, 32, 36 He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?” They stood still, their faces downcast.
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”
H  While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

"Thank you, Lord, that you have called me to walk by faith and sometimes that means in acting in ways that make no sense to the world around me. Help me to trust that you will establish your word and show yourself faithful."
Ray Stedman...

No comments:

Post a Comment