Sunday, August 7, 2016

The otter...

The otter....

The other morning as I was driving, I witnessed something so exciting it made me later than expected...a river otter crossed the road in front of me going from one of the ditches into a pond next to the road...it slithered into pond, keeping out of sight except were it was moving among the tall reeds...then finally swimming in the open water to cross the small pond to a wooden raft where it groomed itself, played on and around the raft. My camera was clicking all the while to document this event to show my family that it REALLY took place...

I have only seen river otters in zoos plus oceans ones in Alaska ...so this was a fun moment in time...what a gift...

I was thinking of this as I read in psalms again this morning..seeing the goodness of the Lord..

Psalm 27:13 I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Not that seeing an otter is anything like seeing God, but it was a gift that moment in time...

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Thank YOU for reminding me that you are the Author of creation...you bestow so many amazing things on us  to see and delight in besides yourself whom nothing compares...

No comments:

Post a Comment