Friday, June 7, 2024

Rememberance bears…

 Rememberance bears….


I saw an article a while back about rememberance bears, quilts…using clothing of a loved one to make a stuffed bear or quilt…


One widow I met brought all her late husband’s shirts to the quilt shop to have the quilter make several lap-sized quilts for her grandchildren…after my mother passed away, I took her fabric to a quilter to make quilts for my family as well..fun…each one  a treasure I thought..


Lately, I have been assembling bears out of  Pendleton shirts…

My father, my father in law and husband all wore Pendleton shirts…but, I couldn’t bring my self to use their shirts as my family is still wearing them, so found duplicates on eBay…

I have finished 3 and one more to go…

The other day, I painted their eyes and nose on two…the first one I embroidered the nose and eyes…wanted to do buttons, but decided against it as that could be a choking hazard for a child…

But, back to the painted eyes…they were all black, lifeless…so finally I decided to put a twinkle in each eye…made all the difference in the bear’s expression…


All this to say… it reminded me of our Heavenly Father who breathed life into his creation…


 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. 

So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them;male and female he created them.

Gen.1.1,2,27


 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Gen.2.7


Not that my bears will ever come to life, but, one thing was missing,  that twinkle…or in Mankind’s case, that breath that gave life…and only God could do it…


 “May the Lord, the God who gives breath to all living things,…. 

Num.27.16a


 In his hand is the life of every creatureand the breath of all mankind.

Job.12.10


 The Spirit of God has made me;the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Job.33.4


 This is what God the Lord says—the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out,who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it,who gives breath to its people,and life to those who walk on it:

Isa.42.5


 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

Acts.17.25


And one my favorites…goes with John 1, the Word…


 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2Tim.3.16-17


Thank YOU…


Breath in me breath of life…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfYLqnjnOZM



Breath of heaven….(a Christmas song, but so nice)…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWo3qlqyW1c






No comments:

Post a Comment