Saturday, June 29, 2024

Junk drawer….

 The junk drawer…



The junk drawer…Tim Hawkins


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0D-wbfGr8


I had this video in my email this morning….just had to share…


After cleaning out my parent’s things, my husband’s things and moving my things I ended up with several “junk” drawers as they had them and I had them too…they are awfully hard to clean out…as they have the items that there is no set place for….things we grab quickly and put back after use, sometimes…scotch tape, finger nail file, pens, tape measure, stamps, post it notes, glue, pencils, dead sharpies, free pens, rubber bands, etc, etc, etc.


And the beginning page of my estate notebook has the following picture…stuff…handed down stuff…I got it and now my children get it…


The things we hold dear, the things that remind us of the past, bringing our parent’s lives into focus somehow…what they held dear…their diaries, notebooks, their heirlooms…now ours to store…


We have to balance holding on and letting go…none of this will make to heaven with us…we can’t carry a suitcase with us, or junk drawers, nor notebooks, nor an antique toy, nor precious pictures…it won’t matter there…


We are pressing on for a higher calling…unencumbered by the stuff of this world…



 Let us acknowledge the Lord;let us press on to acknowledge him.As surely as the sun rises,he will appear;he will come to us like the winter rains,like the spring rains that water the earth.”

Hos.6.3


 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: 

Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. 

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Phil.3.12-14Phil.3.20-21


Thank YOU…


Higher ground…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnCog98HIk 





No comments:

Post a Comment