Monday, June 10, 2024

Comfort verses…5…bone pain…

 Comfort verses…5…Bone pain…


One of the side effects of my chemotherapy is bone/body pain…it is like nothing I have experienced before…like Covid pain on steroids …there is nothing that doesn’t ache/throb…it lasts about 24 hours, relentless…


And then it fades away into a dull ache…I just keep picturing for myself that it is just cooking that cancer away, searching out the cancer cells and blasting them to smithereens …a battle of the good over the bad…needing a good picture to concentrate upon….


 “Or someone may be chastened on a bed of pain with constant distress in their bones,

Job.33.19


David wrote…

 On my bed I remember you;I think of you through the watches of the night. 

Because you are my help,I sing in the shadow of your wings. 

I cling to you;your right hand upholds me.

Ps.63.6-8


A much better picture to remember…as we wander in the watches of night time pain…He is our help…he is the one we cling to in pain…he upholds us when we are down…when we don’t know how to pray…when the groanings are overwhelming…


 My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning;my strength fails because of my affliction,and my bones grow weak.

Ps.31.10


 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Rom.8.26


Thank YOU…


You came near when I called you, and you said, ‘Do not fear’” (Lamentations 3:57 NIV).

 

“Yet He Himself bore our sicknesses, and He carried our pains; but we in turn regarded Him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted” (Isaiah 53:4 HCSB).


Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me” (Psalm 31:2-3 NIV).


“Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God” (Luke 18:27 NIV). 


“I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted. You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples” (Psalm 77:1-2, 14 NIV).


 For the Lord God is a sun and shield;the Lord bestows favor and honor;no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Ps.84.11


“Then Hannah prayed and said: ‘There is no Rock like our God … the Lord is a God who knows’” (1 Samuel 2:1a, 2b, 3b NIV).


Just be held….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ


No comments:

Post a Comment