Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Controversy….

 Controversy…..


“What is the most popular sport in America?


Controversy…” Dan Wetzel (maybe grumbling)


I read this quote early this morning…and I had to chuckle…like an arrow aimed at me…I was guilty of grumbling over a controversy….


Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time trying to get a hold of one of the government offices to answer questions I had recently in the mail…I then went to their suggested website to make it “easier” only to be rejected several times and asked to call “in person” which I did again, only to be told the line was too busy and to call again tomorrow or when lines were less busy. Over and over again…so I tried again early this morning…only to be told the same …grrrrrrr…


Not sure when I will be able to get through and I have to get through according to the correspondence I received….it is imperative…


But, I am glad God has a sense of humor in some of his lessons he allows in our lives…He brings to mind just the right words for our admonishments…


Thank YOU….


 “I have heard many things like these;you are miserable comforters, all of you! 

Will your long-winded speeches never end?What ails you that you keep on arguing?

Job.16.22-23


 When they see among them their children,the work of my hands,they will keep my name holy;they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob,and will stand in awe of the God of Israel. 

Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding;those who complain will accept instruction.”

Isa.29.23-24


 “Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered. Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?

John.6.43,61


 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” 

Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. 

And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. 

But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 

So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

Phil.2.14-18


 Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. 

See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. 

You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. 

Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. 

The Judge is standing at the door! 

Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 

As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. 

The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. 

Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. 

All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” 

Otherwise you will be condemned.

Jas.5.7-12


Thy Word is a lamp….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI1ABsX4Fgo

No comments:

Post a Comment