Friday, June 21, 2024

King of the roost…




 King of the roost…


I have a little black-chinned hummingbird which spends part of each morning seated on the top of a small wooden archway outside my kitchen window…he looks around, watches me, cleans himself, and must really enjoy the view…


The other day a finch arrived and proceeded to occupy the hummer’s seat…the hummer flew at the finch until the hummer got his perch back…after all, that was HIS seat and he didn’t want to share…


This tiny bird made his point clear, he was king of the roost …and even a bigger bird was not pushing him off…


God has his throne as well, no one or nothing can ever replace Him…He won’t give it up…He observes the whole earth and all that is in it…


That is a mighty promise and comfort, especially in times of turmoil and just day to day living…He is in control…


Thank YOU….


 The Lord is in his holy temple;the Lord is on his heavenly throne.He observes everyone on earth;his eyes examine them.

Ps.11.4


 For to us a child is born,to us a son is given,and the government will be on his shoulders.And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end.He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom,establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

Isa.9.6-7


 You said in your heart,“I will ascend to the heavens;I will raise my throne above the stars of God;I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.

Isa.14.13


 “I am the Lord; that is my name!I will not yield my glory to anotheror my praise to idols.

Isa.42.8


He is exalted…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUq4QDrtEjY


No comments:

Post a Comment