Friday, January 19, 2024

Whom do you seek…

 Whom do you seek….



One of the saddest questions, I think, in the Bible is God asking Adam and Eve, “where are you”…


Of course, He knew where they were, but he knew why they were hiding…here’s the creator of all things, wanting fellowship with Adam and Eve and they broke that fellowship by disobeying and hiding …followed by consequences we still reap…


 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?”

Gen.3.8-9


Now, all through the ages, God can still ask that same question…

And we each have to answer…

Whom do we each seek for fellowship? That eternal fellowship…do we seek God…do we seek the world…Where am I….hiding from God…or seeking Him…


Joshua said… choose…seek…

“Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Josh.24.14-15


Thank YOU…


 Sow for yourselves righteousness;reap steadfast love;break up your fallow ground,for it is the time to seek the Lord,that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.

Hos.10.12


 “As for me, I would seek God,and to God would I commit my cause, who does great things and unsearchable,marvelous things without number:

 Job.5.8-9


 O men, how long shall my honor be turned into shame?How long will you love vain words and seek after lies? Selah

Ps.4.2


 The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man,to see if there are any who understand,who seek after God.

Ps.14.2


 But may all who seek yourejoice and be glad in you;may those who love your salvation say continually, “Great is the Lord!”

Ps.40.16


 Blessed are those who keep his testimonies,who seek him with their whole heart, 

With my whole heart I seek you;let me not wander from your commandments!

Ps.119.2,10


 I love those who love me,and those who seek me diligently find me.

Prov.8.17


 Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,who do his just commands;

seek righteousness; 

seek humility;perhaps you may be hiddenon the day of the anger of the Lord.

Zeph.2.3


 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 

For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Matt.6.33,Matt.7.7-8


 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. 

You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: “‘This people honors me with their lips,but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me,teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Matt.15.6-9


 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Heb.11.6


As for me and my house…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjRiNL1HKns

No comments:

Post a Comment