Monday, January 1, 2024

Newness….

 Newness….


Author, Natalie Holsten, had a column in the local newspaper over the weekend about her journals…reviewing them…”ordinary days”…in her life…not everything has to be extraordinary to make a journal entry…I have appreciated her writings over the last few years since she has come to Nampa.  

  

It was just apropos as I was working on my new journal for the new year as well, adding birthdays, anniversaries and already planned appointments…notes, etc, to remember…


I don’t know what the Lord has planned for this new year for me…the last year and half sure weren’t in my plans with health issues…but, He had lessons through each day, new revelations about Himself…each day was a gift, even if it was painful…


This verse in Isaiah…


“You have heard these things; look at them all.Will you not admit them?“From now on I will tell you of new things,of hidden things unknown to you.”

Isa.48.6


…are words I treasure for the coming year… I want to learn new things from our Father…things I didn’t  know before, things built on a rock solid foundation….and I want my foundation stronger…through Him…


So journals…blogs…what will He fill it with…no certain…But, He knows the way…the truth and the Life..the path is planned…


Thank YOU…


 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

2Cor.5.17-18


 Praise the Lord.Sing to the Lord a new song,his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.

Ps.149.1


 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;therefore I will wait for him.

Lam.3.22-24


 He said to them, “Therefore every teacher of the law who has become a disciple in the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old.”

Matt.13.52


 Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.

1Cor.5.7


 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Eph.4.22-24


 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Col.3.10


 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Rev.21.5


Your plans for us….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW2n0zs6Myk


No comments:

Post a Comment