Saturday, January 6, 2024

Comfort. again….

 


Comfort again….


In 2013, I attended my first Griefshare session…I know I have shared this before…but when January rolls around each year, I think of that session…


Our family had been through the death of my mom, followed by five months of watching my husband succumb to brain cancer, taking over his business, changes, changes, changes that we met …grief…that we had not experienced before…and we each handled it differently…anger, denial, craziness, tears, questions, etc, etc, etc…and each day, we trudged along wondering when the fog would lift…surprised again and again by ambush moments…and then repeat…


God showed himself over and over again, in His comfort, His presence, His truth, His compassion….thank YOU soooooo much…


And now January has returned…and time, potentially, for another class…this time to comfort others going through that valley…

I even dreamed about a new class last night…such delightful people showed up….I have no clue who they were…they were all new to me…(I am amazed that our brains can conjure up new scenes, things) …


I am so thankful that I get to be a part of others’ healing through this time…bringing joy from grief…newness from hurt…it is not easy, but so worth it…


Thank YOU…..


 Their father Ephraim mourned for them many days, and his relatives came to comfort him.

1Chr.7.22


 All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the Lord had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring.

Job.42.11


 Even though I walkthrough the darkest valley,I will fear no evil,for you are with me;your rod and your staff,they comfort me.

Ps.23.4


 My comfort in my suffering is this:Your promise preserves my life.

Ps.119.50


 Comfort, comfort my people,says your God.

Isa.40.1


 Blessed are those who mourn,for they will be comforted.

Matt.5.4


 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 

For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

2Cor.1.3-5


https://www.griefshare.org


https://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm


https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/?msclkid=98b2632bbfda18d53bdc06b2e831213d&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=VCL988_Search%2010.01.23-2.24.24&utm_term=Crisis%20help&utm_content=Crisis%20Hotline


https://www.churchescare.com/loss?audience=&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=Connect_NTL_ENG_2022_Fall&utm_content=Loss7GB_2022_Summer&utm_term=grief%20support%20hotline&hsa_acc=4162855862&hsa_cam=16697944227&hsa_grp=1358998154082090&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=o&hsa_tgt=kwd-84938470025852:loc-190&hsa_kw=grief%20support%20hotline&hsa_mt=e&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&msclkid=391e4516eaa71b3990a2208fbd4cff19


 

With hope….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyUgsmCzB4&list=PLiopB4afr61jtKVkX8_bQdUyCjCSbUNvB


No comments:

Post a Comment