Monday, January 15, 2024

Fear not….an attitude…

  Fear not….an attitude…


The most looked up verse in the Bible for the year 2023 was…


“fear not, for I am with you;be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Isa.41.10


(It will interesting to see which one will be for this year…as events heat up in various parts of the world…)


I thought of that as I was listening to my pastor speak on  Ephesians 4:31-32, yesterday in church…


 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Eph.4.31:33


What kind of attitude do I want to reign in my life…?

Fear, bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, slander, malice…


 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John.8.31-32


Am I abiding in the Word enough to be free the negative attitudes/lifestyle?


Do I portray Christ, trust in Him instead of the negative …?


I have known those who went to the grave holding on to the negative, whose bodies and minds were  ravaged with bitterness, fears, anger…I know those presently who are the same…nothing is positive…who dwell constantly on the wrongs…who are fearful of each new day…


And yet I have known and know those who portray the kindness, tenderheartedness, the forgivingness, the fearlessness that Isaiah and Paul speak of…


Which side of the fence do I want my life to portray?

Which one is the Holy Spirit calling each of us to do/be?  Am I resisting or conforming/transforming to be?


Thank YOU…. 


Change my heart, o God….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwudqCO7mSQ



Church service, 1/14/24…so good…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsTyBwfi1yI




https://www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/signs-youre-

resisting-the-holy-spirit.html?utm_source=Daily%20Bible%20Living&utm_campaign=Daily%20Bible%20Living%20-%20BibleStudyTools.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=9183114&recip=488704412&aps=d491a43856e21b587867b447453a930de9780b237aec2d5b87b5802fcc4d8c3d&lctg=488704412

No comments:

Post a Comment