Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Psalm 142…I cry out…

 Psalm 142…I cry out….


‘Tis the season to receive requests upon requests for funds from anything, anyone needing help…the baby elephants dying in Africa, the animals needing shelters and care…people shelters…

Myriads of needs the world around…


The most poignant to me is pictures of beggars in the streets, wanting help of any sort…food, shelter, clothing…or elderly picking up pieces of wood to make a fire to keep warm or cook their meager food in war torn countries….people’s hands held out in supplication, wanting, pleading…the sick and dying lying quietly waiting for the inevitable….


Reading Psalm 142 brought these pictures to mind…David crying out in distress as he hides in a cave, hidden in the hill, awaiting King Saul to find him…pleading to God his refuge….knowing His promises, but not quite seeing them at the time…


There are desperate times for many, captive by our fears , problems…we know the truth, but are not quite seeing it through our desperation…we plead..we hang on…


God in His time and way comes through…


Thank YOU….


 I cry out to God Most High,to God who fulfills his purpose for me.

Ps.57.2


 Hear my prayer, O Lord;let my cry come to you! 

Do not hide your face from mein the day of my distress!

Incline your ear to me;answer me speedily in the day when I call!

Ps.102.1-2


 Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!     O Lord, hear my voice!Let your ears be attentiveto the voice of my pleas for mercy!

Ps.130.1-2


 With my voice I cry out to the Lord;with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord. 

I pour out my complaint before him;I tell my trouble before him.

Ps.142.1-2


  With my voice I cry out to the Lord;with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord. 

I pour out my complaint before him;I tell my trouble before him. When my spirit faints within me,you know my way!

In the path where I walk they have hidden a trap for me. 

Look to the right and see:there is none who takes notice of me;no refuge remains to me;no one cares for my soul. 

I cry to you, O Lord;I say, “You are my refuge,my portion in the land of the living.” 

Attend to my cry,for I am brought very low!

Deliver me from my persecutors,for they are too strong for me! Bring me out of prison,that I may give thanks to your name!

The righteous will surround me,for you will deal bountifully with me.

Ps.142.1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment