Thursday, December 23, 2021

Trust in the belt…

 “Trust in the belt”….


Having a YMCA/rec center with a pool nearby was a requirement to where I wanted to live….I need the exercise to maintain mobility and water Aerobics is the best way to fulfill that…


Yesterday, I had the privilege of helping two other people try their first time in the deep end of the pool…you need a safety belt which helps you float instead of sink when doing the exercise routines…but launching out into the  deep/letting go of the edge for the first time is a bit weird, the pool is several feet below you and it feels a bit like dangling in midair…you have to trust the belt…


As soon as I said, “trust the belt”, I knew a blog was coming…the Ephesians verses about the whole armor of God popped into my mind…”the belt of truth”…we have to trust the Truth…and who is the Truth but Jesus himself…

The Holy Spirit guides into truth, we are to walk in truth, seek truth, learn truth, listen to truth…all the while believing in Truth…which sets us free…


Thank YOU, thank YOU…


Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with whichever you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,

Ephesians 6:13-17


Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 14:6


Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.

Psalm 86:11


Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.

Psalm 86:11


Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding.

Proverbs 23:23


I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, ‘Seek me in vain.’ I the Lord speak the truth; I declare what is right.

Isaiah 45:19 


so that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hidden from my eyes.

Isaiah 65:16


 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:14


32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 8:32 


13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

John 16:13-15


assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus,

Ephesians 4:21 


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

3 John 1:4





 


No comments:

Post a Comment