Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Happy anniversary…



 Happy anniversary…


Yesterday I spent part of the day going through this year’s day planner and transferring some of the info into a new one, birthdays, anniversaries, appointments already made, some events coming up…


(I know , i know that I have my phone with info on it, but I still like a written out day-timer…)


While I was doing that, I was going through birthday and anniversary cards and sorting them for family and friends for the coming year…finding out which ones I still need to purchase, addressing them and putting them into order for the year…this process has made it easier for me to keep up with the dates and get them off in a timely manner without running to the store for every event…( I do pick up cards I like at odd times)


But, there are some missing birthdays and anniversaries that aren’t on the “card” hunt  anymore…grandparents, various relatives, parents, husband…we remember those in our hearts and minds… they aren’t celebrated with cards or dinners or phone calls…and they are so missed…


Like today…53 years ago I was waking to my wedding day… excited, scared…rejoicing that the day finally had arrived…we walked down that aisle into a new permanent relationship…good years, some trying times, feasts, “famines”….

Some ask, “would you do it again?”…”oh, yes, without a doubt, but I would cherish more, laugh more, live more, encourage more, build up more…”


I have sorted out the extra “happy birthday/anniversary” cards no longer needed from my stash of cards…but not from my heart or memories …I don’t send them anymore through the mail or phone calls or parties but through the air, wishing those gone from here wonderful times …rejoicing that I will see them someday again…


Thank YOU…


So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12


Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 

For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. 

Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. 

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 

In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. 

He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. 

“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 

This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. 

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

Ephesians 5:22-33


And Jesus said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage, 35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage, 36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Luke 20:34 


The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment