Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Lamp....

The Lamp...

Form the beginning to the end, lamp, lights are spoken of...pictures for our finite mind to slightly comprehend the magnificent light that we have in Jesus...

It shone in the tabernacle...reflecting off the walls of gold, brilliance all around...just as Jesus shines...molded of pure gold...burning in the darkness...turning it to light..

I was caught by the verse in Proverbs 20, about the human spirit being the lamp of the Lord...shedding light on our inmost being...then I had to follow the "rabbit trail" of lamps... Having Jesus, He is the Word which lights the way...we need no other...he turns darkness into light...as no other can...

Thank YOU ....for your light ...showing the way...

Exodus 35:14 the lampstand that is for light with its accessories, lamps and oil for the light;

Exodus 40:4 Bring in the table and set out what belongs on it. Then bring in the lampstand and set up its lamps.

Leviticus 24:4 The lamps on the pure gold lampstand before the Lord must be tended continually.

2 Samuel 22:29 You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.

Job 29:2-3 “How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me,
when his lamp shone on my head and by his light I walked through darkness!

Psalm 18:28 You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Proverbs 6:23 For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life,

Proverbs 20:27 The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord that sheds light on one’s inmost being.

Matthew 5:15-16 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

John 1:1-5, 9 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.

Revelation 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment