Friday, May 12, 2017

Nerves of steel...

Nerves of steel....

http://www.coolestone.com/media/16949/This-Elephant-Tracker-Has-Nerves-of-steel!/#.WRWqQ-tHaK1

Hi - I'm reading "Jesus Always (with Bonus Content): Embracing Joy in His Presence" by Sarah Young and wanted to share this quote with you.

"May 12 PRAISE ME FOR THE HELP of My Presence. At all times and in all circumstances, it’s appropriate to pray: “Thank You, Jesus, for being with me here and now.” You may not sense My Presence with you, but I have promised—and that is enough! An important part of your assignment as a Christian is to trust that I am with you always. In faith, talk to Me about your thoughts and feelings, your struggles and pleasures. Believe that I care for you deeply and I hear all your prayers. Seek My help with confident anticipation. Be on the lookout for all the ways I am at work: in you and through you. Rejoice that you and I together can do immeasurably more than all you ask or imagine. My Power is at work within you—especially as it connects with your weakness offered up to Me for My purposes. Remember that nothing is impossible with Me, and refuse to be intimidated by daunting circumstances. Praise Me for the help of My Presence!"

Psalm 42:5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Luke 1:37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

Now, don't these two things go together...the elephant "watcher" and this devotional from Sarah Young? Faith in sitting still, knowing that God is always with us no matter what the circumstances...so our "nerves of steel" are rooted in the God of hope...

Psalm 46:10-11 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

I am not sure what I would do if that elephant did that to me...cringing, pulling away or sit, supposedly relaxed letting him "nose" around...but, there are times when I know I am supposed to be still...relishing in the knowledge that God is definitely in control...letting his peace wash over, through and around me...

Thank YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment