Saturday, May 27, 2017

Headlines....


Headlines...

This morning I read this following devotional and wondered what the news headlines were for the this am...
Bus bombings, chaos on most every continent, killing of Christians and anyone, more violent movies, world leader discontent, backbiting, anger, slander, prosimcuty....reads like Galatians 5

Galatians 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I won't find my peace in the headlines...

Hi - I'm reading "Jesus Always (with Bonus Content): Embracing Joy in His Presence" by Sarah Young and wanted to share this quote with you.

"May 27 MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD; it is indestructible and eternal. When you see shocking evil and mismanagement all around you, do not despair. As I was being arrested, I told My disciples that I could call on My Father and He would send more than twelve legions of angels to rescue Me. However, this was not the plan We had chosen. It was necessary for Me to be crucified—to save everyone who calls on My Name. Remember that you are part of My kingdom of everlasting Life and Light. The darker your planet becomes, the more you need to cling to the hope you have in Me. Despite the way things look, I am in control, and I’m accomplishing My purposes in ways you cannot understand. Though this world is deeply fallen, it’s possible to live in it with Joy and Peace in your heart. As I told My disciples, so I say to you now: Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. Because you belong to My kingdom, in Me you may have Peace."

Start reading it for free: http://a.co/9AZmQZL
--------
The inner and outer turmoil only increases as end times draw near which may be tomorrow or in the distant future...I don't know....we are just told to be ready...prepared...

Thank YOU for your peace which passes all understanding ....

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment