Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day ....

Mother's Day ....

Today is Mother's Day...it is a celebration of mother's... to give acknowledgment of mothers everywhere...

But, for me it is a day of thanksgiving..I had wonderful grandmothers, a wonderful mother and have been blessed with four wonderful, distinctly unique children....gifts to my life, jewels that have been lent to me by a Loving, all knowing God...

I remember each first day with my children...those tiny fingers and toes, the sweet smells (most of the time) of babies...the awe of looking into each of their faces as they were handed over to me to hold...cherish...

I remember the lessons I learned and am still learning from each one through so many phases of life...toddler, school, teen years, adulthood, marriage, grandparent....watching each grow, make decisions, facing their worlds...blossoming...
Watching my grandmothers and mother  through their years, reveling in their love as well... Their gifts of love, skills, faith...

Thank YOU for each...

Psalm 139:13-14, 17 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!

Isaiah 61:10a I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment