Thursday, December 29, 2016

What legacy...

What legacy......

"What spiritual legacy would you like to leave for others  and why is this important?"

-Bible reading, listening....psalm 119, 2 Timothy 3:16-17

-spiritual gifts, love...1 Corinthians 12, 13

-fruit....Galatians 5:22-26

-important commandments...Matthew 22: 37-39
-counselor....John 14:15-16

-Reliance... Jesus calling, December 28, "As you grow closer to Me, I open your eyes to see more and more of My Presence all around you. Things that most people hardly notice, like shifting shades of sunlight, fill you with heart-bursting Joy. You have eyes that see and ears that hear, so proclaim My abiding Presence in the world."

-commission.... Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

-A friend who answered the question, said she wanted to "suffer well" through her various health issues...Job 36:15 But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction.
Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

-My husband wrote that he wanted to "finish well"... He did...John 14:1-3 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

-Transformed....2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

-hope....Psalm 25:5 Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


Just beginning.....thank YOU....

Jesus....You  are the legacy....

No comments:

Post a Comment