Friday, December 16, 2016

Early, ...random thoughts.....

Random thoughts....ideas...

Early ....

As I rise early 95% of the time... I check the weather, new mail quickly...but before I rise up, I lay quietly contemplating the coming day, praying for various ones that come to mind....cocooned in warmness...suffused light from a variety of LED lights in another room....and after 5 a.m., the Christmas tree lights twinkling in the darkness...

I looked up "early" in the Bible, and  found many references to it..

-early they went
-early they rose
-early they worshipped
-early they prepared
-early they listened
-early they found
-early they prayed
-early they travelled
-early they .......
-early He prayed...

(Wouldn't it be interesting to know what Jesus prayed early in those emotionally , physically busy days he spent on earth...held in human form, but knowing the glory of infinite form...We know he prayed for us at one time....John 17)

I like the verse in Isaiah 50...being instructed...morning by morning...am I listening, I ask...am I paying attention to the Word before me...am I a doer of the Word...does my heart quake at not listening ....am I at peace in His presence...does He give me new thoughts to contemplate...am I astounded, awed early...am I prepared...

Thank YOU...for the early morning "wake up calls"....even when I grumble in the darkness sometimes...they are precious ...delightful...insightful ...peaceful...revealing...tear jerking ....provoking...rebuking...admonishing....loving...


Isaiah 30:15, 18, 21 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Isaiah 50:4 The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.

No comments:

Post a Comment