Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Times ahead....



Times ahead...

Five years ago, we were having our last Christmas with my husband..
All our family was there, we had visitors coming And going... We shared meals, fun times, laughter, picture albums, lives...

The devotion for that day from Jesus Calling was...I am preparing you...I am preparing you for the times ahead...what is on the road ahead...

We were so naive...never having been down this road before...I was glad for any help, human or divine...we knew the pain of upcoming loss, but, it still was like living in another world, a bad dream one...this really couldn't be happening...this happened to others, not us...and we weren't prepared...

But, Jesus was saying he was preparing us...He gave us comfort, each other,     Friends, Himself, doctors, time, helpers, strength, the prayers of others around the world...so many things, seen and unseen...

Since that time, I have seen this happen again and again...God preparing, God strengthening, God comforting...God there through the storms of life, the joys of life....walking beside all who call...

Then I wonder what is He preparing me for now....but, I have to hold back and take each day, moment one by one...not getting ahead  with anxious thoughts or plans...just knowing that He is here and He knows tommorrow....

Thank YOU...

 Isaiah 64:4 Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 103:1-2 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—

No comments:

Post a Comment