Monday, April 11, 2016

Struggling....with sin...

Struggling....with sin...

I have to admit that I have been struggling these last few days...have been working through Hosea's admonishments to Israel, their sins, what that says to me in my life...what are my sins that God wants to expose ....and then our pastor is dealing with Christian Atheism and that is  hitting hard as well...what is God saying to my heart and life...I feel so unworthy to even be sharing life through blogs...on one hand, but feel compelled to do it on the other hand...who am I to even share...

This verse woke with me this morning...as I seek out what to write...
Isaiah 6:5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” 

Followed by these...

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 

Isaiah 1:17-18 Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed.Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. “Come now, let us settle the matter,”says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. 

I want my journey with God to be Christlike, holy, forgiven, ....to be on His path, not my own...His words, not mine...refined...

Revelation 3:15-19 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 

Thank YOU that you use so many avenues to speak to,our hearts...that You love us so much to discipline....thank YOU...

No comments:

Post a Comment