Sunday, April 3, 2016

I am the Lord your God...

I am the LORD your God....

I was reading this am ...and this phrase came up several times..."I am the Lord your God"... Reminding me that He is the Lord my God...there is none other and He desires to stay that and not be put on a shelf or ignored in a multitude of ways each hour of each day... 

Nothing else or no one else could or should take that First place in my or anyone else's life...He is the first and Last, never ending, always there, always loving, all knowing, all powerful God...no one made Him, no one can destroy Him, no one or nothing even comes close to what He is, has been or will be...
He is without time or constraint, He is...and will always be...He is, a true fact...no lies can make Him go away, no armies can fight the way He does...
He speaks and it comes to be, by the very words He says...

I am the LORD your God...what a comforting and awesome phrase...

Thank YOU, even though there are not enough words to express that "thank YOU".

Genesis 26:24 That night the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.” 

Leviticus 11:44 I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves along the ground. 

Leviticus 18:4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. 

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear;I will help you. 

Isaiah 48:17 This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:“I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. 

Ezekiel 34:31 You are my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign Lord.’” 


Joel 2:27 Then you will know that I am in Israel,that I am the Lord your God,and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment