Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Did I really do or think that???

Did I really do or think that?

There are times, many times, when I surprise myself with the sin that is hidden or not so hidden....times when pride puffs up...errant thoughts surface,  unkindness exhibits...selfishness prevails ....or innumerable bad attitudes take over....they just come bubbling out, spewing their awfulness all over myself and anyone who happens to be near...ugh.....did I really do, say or think that??? Did I really act that way?....but, but....where did it come from?? I am supposed to be this "good" person, a Christian...Oh, Father, forgive me ....again and again...I am not perfect and won't ever be here on earth...

I was thinking that recently ....things that I don't want others to discover ...But God saw my heart and conviction followed quickly, forgiveness was there in a word...sins were covered...God is faithful...Thank YOU...


1 John 1:9-10 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 
If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us. 

Psalm 51:1-4, 7-10, 12 Have mercy on me, O God,according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassionblot out my transgressions.
 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. 
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. 
Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.
 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. 
Create in me a pure heart, O God,and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of your salvationand grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. 

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, “I have kept my heart pure; I am clean and without sin”? 

 Hebrews 10:22-23 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment