Friday, April 22, 2016

Plans....

Plans....

Four years ago today, I had just arrived in the town where we were going to bury my husband, have his graveside service and his first memorial ...

The devotional for that day was, "listen to Me continually" and the song that God kept running through my mind was an old one, " Jesus , Jesus , Jesus, there is something About that name" by bill and Gloria Gaither, " Master, Savior, like a fragrance after the rain..."  I still hear it in my mind....as He draws me to Himself...That Name above all names....

But, as I lay there that morning, I was thinking of plans. I hadn't slept very well the night before, going through the day ahead, leaving my husband's body in the ground...seeing family on a hard day, even though it was to be a celebration of life...my father was there, our children were there, friends and associates from years past were to be there....just not my husband...he would have loved the celebration  with all the people gathered...

I look back now, and it was a beautiful day, sunny, friendly, hard..."my" plans 
were shattered, but God's light shone through the darkness...His purpose prevailed...and we are still learning What that might be these years later...we don't have a pat answer nor do we know it all...only God holds that answer...
But, we are striving to follow His plans and live in Him...

Thank YOU that your light is always near...Your guidance is there for the asking...help me to fall into that moment by moment...

Job 17:11-12 My days have passed, my plans are shattered.
Yet the desires of my heart turn night into day; in the face of the darkness light is near. 

Psalm 33:11 But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. 

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment