Friday, April 1, 2016

Gray...white...

Gray...white...

A year ago I had blond hair...today, I have gray/white...where did the years go?

One of my grandfathers had pure white hair for all the years that I knew him, one grandmother had brown with a few strands of gray...my other grandmother had gray, but she put purple in it, sometimes darker purple than others....my mother colored her hair until into her seventies, then white...my father had some gray...and I have had strawberry blond all my life until yesterday...

I looked into the mirror after my hair appointment, and I was different ....one hair cut made the difference, it cut the rest of my blondish locks away, leaving  the gray...whoa, I wasn't ready for that...vain isn't it?

We go on such outward looks..."first impressions", instead of looking at the heart of those around us..when God looks at the heart of each of us...

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 

So instead of the gray I see in the mirror everyday, I want to look to see if my heart is right with God...that is is clean, contrite, honoring Him is all I do...He really doesn't care about my hair color...He cares about my heart...He is the sustainer, Saviour of my soul...Thank YOU ....help my heart to be right with You no matter what...


Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness. 

Proverbs 20:29 The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old. 

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment