Saturday, October 8, 2022

Psalms 69… a desperate cry…

 


Psalm 69…a desperate cry…


As I read this Psalm, by David, this am, I couldn’t but wonder if Jesus’ prayer in the garden the night of his betrayal wasn’t something similar…I know they are not the same, but the heart and the pleas tear at your heart…in desperation…Jesus knew his call, his purpose, his destination…and yet it must have been a weight so unimaginable….


Thank YOU….


 I am weary with my crying out;my throat is parched.

My eyes grow dim with waiting for my God. 

More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause;mighty are those who would destroy me,those who attack me with lies.

What I did not steal must I now restore? 

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me,O Lord God of hosts;let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me,O God of Israel. 

For it is for your sake that I have borne reproach,that dishonor has covered my face. 

For zeal for your house has consumed me,and the reproaches of those who reproach you have fallen on me. 

I am the talk of those who sit in the gate,and the drunkards make songs about me. 

But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.

At an acceptable time, O God,in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness. 

Answer me, O Lord, for your steadfast love is good;according to your abundant mercy, turn to me. 

Hide not your face from your servant,for I am in distress; make haste to answer me. 

Draw near to my soul, redeem me;ransom me because of my enemies! 

You know my reproach,and my shame and my dishonor;my foes are all known to you. 

Reproaches have broken my heart,so that I am in despair.I looked for pity, but there was none,and for comforters, but I found none. But I am afflicted and in pain;let your salvation, O God, set me on high! I will praise the name of God with a song;I will magnify him with thanksgiving. 

For the Lord hears the needy and does not despise his own people who are prisoners. 

Let heaven and earth praise him,the seas and everything that moves in them. 

For God will save Zion and build up the cities of Judah,and people shall dwell there and possess it;     

the offspring of his servants shall inherit it,and those who love his name shall dwell in it.

Ps.69.3-4,Ps.69.6-7,Ps.69.9,Ps.69.12-13,Ps.69.16-20, Ps.69.29-30,Ps.69.33-36.


 Then he said to them, “My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me.” 

And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” 

Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, “My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done.”

Matt.26.38,Matt.26.39,Matt.26.42

No comments:

Post a Comment