Thursday, October 20, 2022

Psalm 80…restore us…

 Psalm 80…restore us…


Broken families….I thought of this when reading this psalm…

One commentator said this may have been a lament of the brokenness of the Northern versus the Southern tribes of Israel…Ephraim and Manasseh were the sons of Joseph and they formed the two most important tribes of the north…Benjamin, the youngest son of Jacob, his tribe was the boundary tribe between the north and the south…battles were fought there and they allied with both at different times…interesting…(I thought)…


When we look at the brokenness around us, whether families, couples, siblings, nations…the world…it seems like many times someone is caught in the middle…sometimes going with one side and then the other side…but always a need for restoration….making us whole again…

We need God’s restoration power…both to restore us to Him and with each other…He is the peacemaker, the Restorer of our hearts…



Psalms 80:3, 7, 19 (ESV) 3 Restore us, O God; let your face shine, that we may be saved! 

7 Restore us, O God of hosts; let your face shine, that we may be saved! 

19 Restore us, O LORD God of hosts! Let your face shine, that we may be saved!


 God, come back!Smile your blessing smile: That will be our salvation.     

God-of-the-Angel-Armies, come back! Smile your blessing smile: That will be our salvation.     

God, God-of-the-Angel-Armies, come back! Smile your blessing smile: That will be our salvation.

Ps.80.3,7,19 the Message.


 He restores my soul.He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Ps.23.3


 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,and uphold me with a willing spirit.

Ps.51.12


The prophets speak many times of the restoration of Israel…the New Testament speaks of restoration as well, some people wanting Jesus to restore Israel…

But, there is a time set for that…


These are the things I need for restoration…a clean heart, a washing of my iniquities, a right spirit…


 Have mercy on me, O God,according to your steadfast love;according to your abundant mercy lot out my transgressions. 

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,and cleanse me from my sin! 

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 

Create in me a clean heart, O God,and renew a right spirit within me.

Ps.51.1,2, 7, 10


Thank YOU….

No comments:

Post a Comment